‘leave the world a little better than I found it’
As a consultant to business Stuart supports leaders in the mitigation of operational risk. He keeps businesses, brands and people safe. That is his passion and purpose.
He brings 40 years of experience from a diverse police career and leadership roles in business. He led more than 13,000 people in a diversity transformation program. He was responsible for delivering critical emergency response services and was awarded bravery citations, the Police Service Medal with clasp and the National Service Medal with clasp. His police career included positions in prosecutions, criminal investigations, enterprise level project management, business efficiency reviews, critical incident & emergency response planning, organisational health & wellbeing.
Stuart attended Monash University, La Trobe University, Northern Territory University to study business and post-graduate management disciplines. He was the subject leader, curriculum designer and sessional lecturer at the Australian Institute of Public Safety from 1999 to 2001.
He has facilitated numerous: planning, training and stakeholder meetings requiring skilful guidance to achieve focussed outcomes. He has moderated and led peer-to-peer business groups in professional, community and government settings.
In 2006 he was appointed the CEO of Diversity @ Work Australia an organisation delivered Federal government programs in the employment sector designed to move people from welfare into work. Responsible to a Board he was tasked with commercialising operations. His role as a cross-cultural educator was recognised by an indigenous leader and Stuart was afforded a totem representing his role in educating mainstream communities in indigenous culture.
Stuart retired from policing in 2008 and founded his professional consultancy business Risk to Business. He has grown that business and served clients across many industry groups gaining valuable business insights. His calmness and experience is highly regarded.
Privately owned businesses are a cornerstone and constant in his family life. His wife Naomi Simson operates highly successful businesses within the Big Red Group that includes RedBalloon, REDii.com, and other enterprises where investment has been made through her involvement as investor on the Network Ten’s Shark Tank program.
Other Interests & experience:
- Motor Sport – 20 year volunteer work as a senior marshal, mentor, trainer, and member of the CAMS international training team – supporting other nations to stage F1 events
- 2017 CAMS appointed Investigative Prosecutions Officer for the Australian GT Championship (Supercars Sports Cars) he’s the guy in Race Control who keeps the drivers playing nicely)
- Voiceless Animal Rights – Stuart believes in humanely growing and processing sentient animals.
- Stuart is a yachty, and enjoys fine wine and his single malt whisky collection.
- Stuart drove the creation of a Men’s Shed in his local community.
- Favourite piece of music is ‘Gabriel’s Oboe’ by Ennio Morricone and played by Henrik Chaim Goldschmidt – crank up the volume and be moved. It represents all the beauty in our world.
- Being naturally curious Stuart researched his local area to find out the forgotten secrets that created the birth of a nation. He wanted to share what he had learned so he operates a specialist private walking tour company (Undercover Tours.com.au) and uses his talents to uncover and share the secrets of places and people who shaped Australia.